A cookie is a file that is downloaded to a user’s terminal equipment when accessing certain web pages in order to store data that can be updated and retrieved by the entity responsible for its installation. Cookies are files created in the users’ browser to record their activity on the website and allow a more fluid and personalized navigation.
The different types of cookies are:
- According to the entity that manages them:
- Own cookies: These are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the service provider and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: These are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
- According to the time period they remain active:
- Session cookies: They are a type of cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store only interesting information to be kept for the service delivery resquested by the user on a single occasion (eg a list of subscribed services).
- Persistent cookies: These are a type of cookies in which the data are still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie. This period can range from a few minutes to serveral years.
- According to their purpose:
- Technical cookies: They allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application as well as the use of the different options or services that exist in them, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, making the request for registration or participation in an event or using security elements while browsing.
- Personalization cookies: They allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the type of browser through which the service is accessed, the regional configuration from where the service is accessed, etc.
- Analytical cookies: They allow the monitoring and analysis of the users behaviour in the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the websites, application and platform activity and to create navigation profiles of the users of those sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements depending on the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service.
- Advertising or behavioural advertising cookies: They allow the management of advertising spaces. In addition, they can store information on the users behaviour by observing their browsing habits.
Below we show the cookies used and the information about them. This list will be updated, in the shortest time, whenever changes are made:
- PHP (PHPSESSID): session cookie used to keep the selected items in the rental cart. It expires once the session is closed.
- Google Analytics (__atuvc, __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz, uid): It allows the monitoring of the website using an anaytical tool.
In any case, for more and better information, the user can refuse to accept the cookies necessary for the use of the website. The use of some of its services may be limited and, therefore, their browsing experience less satisfactory, being impossible, in some cases, the requested service provision.
For more information on how to eliminate, disable or block cookies through the settings and configurations of your Internet browser, you have at your diasposal the following links:
- Google Chrome_ https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=es
- Mozilla Firefox_ http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-que-los-sitios-we
- Internet Explorer_ http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
- Safari_ http://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042?viewlocale=es_es&locale=es_es
- Safari para IOS (iPhone y iPad)_ http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1677?viewlocale=es_es
- Chrome para Android_ https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2392971?hl=eS